From:
Re: Makefile patch
To:
Edgar Pettijohn <edgar@pettijohn-web.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2020 18:48:40 +0100

On Sat, Jan 04, 2020 at 11:12:01AM -0600, Edgar Pettijohn wrote:
> Came across got from a misc@ posting. Tried to build on netbsd and hit a
> makefile incompatibility.
>
> The patch attached gets me a little further. More work to do to get it to
> build. Really would be nice to have a simpler vcs.

Thomas Klausner did attempt to port Got to NetBSD some time ago.
This didn't get very far, but I wanted to mention it regardless in
case this information helps you.

Trivial patches like this are fine as long as they don't break the
OpenBSD build. Patches that can't trivially be applied to OpenBSD should
stay e.g. in pkgsrc for now. We can pick them up there once portable
releases become a priority. There are still many other things to work
out before integrating support for other operating systems.