From:
Re: tog diff view search
To:
Tracey Emery <tracey@traceyemery.net>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2020 18:24:07 +0100

  • Stefan Sperling:

    tog diff view search

  • Stefan Sperling:

    tog diff view search

  • On Sat, Feb 01, 2020 at 09:07:34AM -0700, Tracey Emery wrote:
    > Since we're diffing, there is no call to got_object_blob_dump_to_file.
    > We either diff objects as blobs, trees, or commits, and write that diff
    > to the filestream. So, either those three functions could be tasked with
    > the duties, which seems like a lot of work through the tree, or add the
    > new function, which is based on got_object_blob_dump_to_file.

    Ah, yes I see. Yes, what I had in mind when I first looked at this some
    time ago was generating the necessary info inside the diff functions.
    But that does indeed seem to be a lot of extra work inside diff. Which
    is not ideal since we're planning on replacing the diff code soon anyway.

    So a separate function seems better indeed.

    > If we decide to add the new function, it should probably be moved to
    > tog.c and called something more specific like, dump_diff_filestream_info,
    > or something.

    It's not diff-specific.
    Ideally the function could be run on any text file and return line number
    and offset information, and its name should reflect this generality.
    Any tog view which displays a file could use this.

  • Stefan Sperling:

    tog diff view search

  • Stefan Sperling:

    tog diff view search