From:
"Todd C. Miller" <Todd.Miller@sudo.ws>
Re: make 'got update' skip conflicted files?
To:
Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.name>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 2020 06:21:31 -0600

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 14:09:30 +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:

>  - skip conflicted files during updates
>
> This is what Subversion does as well. Compared to the previous approach
> the main downside is that the work tree is left in a partially updated
> state, rather than left entirely in its previous state. And the user may
> not notice the problem until much later, because people rarely scroll back
> up to check the progress output for files which were skipped.
> However, if this happens we were already in a state where our code would
> not even compile, and the user was careless and updated anyway.
> And we still have an advantage over the implementation in got 0.33 because
> losing local changes without user intervention has become very unlikely.

This approach makes the most sense to me.  Would it be possible to
output the list of conflicted files at the end of the update so the
user is more likely to notice them?

 - todd