From:
Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@herrb.eu>
Re: changed paths in 'got log' and tog
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org, matthieu@openbsd.org
Date:
Mon, 4 May 2020 21:43:37 +0200

On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 11:54:21AM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> This patch adds 'got log -P' which displays the list of paths changed
> in each commit, similar to the information we get from CVS Changelog.
> Requested by matthieu@.
>
> Rather than a summarized path display as shown in the CVS Changelog my
> patch displays one path per line. This is easier to implement and parse.
>
> When combined with -s, 'got log -P' allows for searching commits that
> have touched paths which match the specified regex.
>
> The tog diff view shows this list as well as part of commit meta
> data.

Thanks !

-P works like expected for me.

But when I tried combining it with -s with a path in the xenocara tree
I got a surprising result:

got log -P -s app/xterm | more

correctly find the first commit touching app/xterm/ but the list of
pathnames that is diplayed is wrong: it produce a very large list. I
can't tell where it comes from:

commit 553b461bdca9858a3bacd9a17483d0f95e193c08
from: matthieu <matthieu@openbsd.org>
date: Mon Jan 20 21:03:35 2020 UTC

 Disable the print-immediate and print-on-error functions in xterm.

 They a causing a pledge violation when called, and we can live
 without
  them. ok millert, also discussed with deraadt@

 M  3RDPARTY
 M  MODULES