From:
Re: got ignore some .{cvs,git}ignore files
To:
Sebastien Marie <semarie@online.fr>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 08:52:20 +0200

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 08:34:42AM +0200, Sebastien Marie wrote:
> > +	err = add_ignores(&a->ignores, a->worktree->root_path,
> > +	    path, dirfd, ".cvsignore");
> > +	if (err)
> > +		return err;
> > +
> > +	err = add_ignores(&a->ignores, a->worktree->root_path, path,
> > +	    dirfd, ".gitignore");
> > +
>
> there is a behaviour change in ignore files:
> - before, it would use .cvsignore, and if not exists use .gitignore
> - now, it will use both .cvsignore and .gitignore

I don't think so. The old code was (in pseudo code):

	err = add_ignores(".cvsignore");
	if (err == NULL) /* not 'if (err)' */
		err = add_ignores(".gitignore");
	return err;

Which to me looks like the same behaviour as the new code.
But the new code is easier to follow ;)

> I am not sure if it is intented or not. but I am fine with both :)

The intention was always to use both files when both are present.

> Else, the patch reads OK.

Thanks! :)