From:
Re: tog is sluggish with FreeBSD src.git
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 2020 16:39:29 +0100

Stefan Sperling:

> The patch below shows us where the problem is: Iterating a long SIMPLEQ
> relifst in order to decorate commit hashes with branch names is too slow.

"got log" has the same problem, although it's less noticeable.
got.c:print_commit()

> This patch makes commits load faster but moving the selection cursor
> in the log view is still too slow.

It's also buggy:
* tog log -r got.git
* first entry is shown as "main, origin/main" in the status line
* move down
* move up again
* no more "main, origin/main"

> It looks like we'll need to populate a cache of reference names which
> is indexed by commit ID, ideally while reading references from the repo?

got_ref_tree()?  Something along those lines, I guess.