From:
Re: gotadmin cleanup
To:
ori@eigenstate.org
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org, naddy@mips.inka.de
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 2021 22:41:30 +0200

  • Christian Weisgerber:

    gotadmin cleanup

  • On Sat, Jul 03, 2021 at 04:25:33PM -0400, ori@eigenstate.org wrote:
    > Quoth Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>:
    > > Stefan Sperling:

    > > > Not sure. gotadmin listpack might be able to answer this.
    > >
    > > Yes, listpack confirms that the dangling objects are indeed contained
    > > in pack files.
    > >

    > in general, you'd need to repack all objects to get rid of these.
    > though, you can in theory reuse the deltas for most objects and
    > save a bunch of time computing them when repacking.

    We do support creating new packs which contain everything referenced.
    But we don't support removing redundant packs yet.
    So for the moment the corresponding space can only be freed up with
    git-repack, or, if you are sure about what you are doing, rm -f :)

    It is of course on my mental todo list.
    Getting the ref -d usability issue fixed and adding push support are
    higher priority items for me, though.

  • Christian Weisgerber:

    gotadmin cleanup