From:
Re: Replace jot in regress
To:
Lucas <lucas@sexy.is>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:52:16 +0200

Lucas:

> Find a patch providing a replacement for `jot`, which should aid in
> running regress under Linux. While there, I converted to obvious cases
> of `echo 1; echo 2; echo 3; ...` to the new function.

Why not just name the function jot() so we don't have to change all
calls?

> I only tested this fully under OpenBSD. I tested it lightly on Linux and
> I don't have access to a FreeBSD system and sadly vmd can't run it.

I maintain a separate FreeBSD port.
https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/tree/devel/got

In fact, the -portable people may want to take a look at that for
an overview of problems I have solved there and how I did it:
- I use sed to insert
  #include "openbsd-compat.h"
  into all *.[cy] files between the #include <...> and #include "..."
  headers.
- There are various compatibility headers/wrappers.

I also recommend looking at OpenSSH for a template for the whole
autotools stuff.

I would happily merge the FreeBSD changes into -portable, eventually.
There was a long break where no work at all was happening in
-portable, and the next few weeks I'll be very short on time.