From:
-portable: uuid confusion
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2021 20:58:53 +0200

  • Christian Weisgerber:

    -portable: uuid confusion

got-portable doesn't build on my FreeBSD box. :-)

The reason is that the different uuid checks work in parallel.

AC_SEARCH_LIBS(uuid_create) is successful, but PKG_CHECK_MODULES(uuid)
is still run.  e2fsprogs-libuuid happens to be installed on my system,
so...
* pkg-config picks that up
* -I/usr/local/include/uuid is added to CFLAGS
* /usr/local/include/uuid/uuid.h is found first
* boom! "error: use of undeclared identifier 'uuid_s_ok'"

If BSD_UUID was detected, pkg-config should not be queried.
Or does that cause problems, too?

PS: Those -D... -D... -D... compiler invocations are getting a bit
    unwieldy.  Time to introduce config.h?