From:
Subject:
got export? checkout -X?
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2021 23:53:44 +0200

For checking Got on FreeBSD in between releases, I squeeze something
like this into the port:

DISTFILES=
do-extract:
        @cd ${WRKDIR} && got checkout /home/naddy/got.git ${WRKSRC}
        @cd ${WRKSRC} && got ref -d `got info | \
            awk '/work tree UUID:/ { print "refs/got/worktree/base-" $$NF }'`

There is no "got export" command.  Okay, so I can just use checkout.
But that adds a reference to the repository, and those pile up, and
pointlessly for throw-away checkouts.  Which is why I have to resort
to the above to delete them.

Should there be a "got export" (cf. "svn export")?
Some sort of "got checkout -X" to get rid of the ref more easily?
Or is this just too special?