From:
Thomas Adam <thomas@xteddy.org>
Re: allow bad symlinks to survive a merge
To:
Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.name>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2021 00:08:03 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 01:16:41AM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> At present, got merge and other commands which use the file merge
> code (rebase/histedit/cherrypick/backout) convert bad symlinks
> into regular files in the work tree. When this gets committed the
> bad symlink is converted into a regular file in the repository.

This looks good to me.  I've tested this on some $DAYJOB repositories which
have a lot of symlinks.  Prior to this change things break.  With this change,
things look good!

I've eye-balled the code; I've no comment to make on it, other than it looks
good to me!

Kindly,
Thomas