From:
Re: tog log search vs selected commit
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2021 14:31:42 +0100

Stefan Sperling:

> At present tog always begins searching from the youngest commit.
>
> With the patch below we always start searching from the currently
> selected commit. Is this better? Does this break things for anyone?

I'm all for it.

vi(1), less(1), and the like all start searching from the current
position, so the new behavior is more "intuitive", in the way that
it works like other tools.  I'd like to see this extended to searches
in the other views as well.

> By the way, I sometimes find myself trying to start a backwards-search
> with the '?' key but this is not implemented.
> Should we add this feature?

Personally, I tend not to use '?' since the inversion of 'n'/'N'
confuses my muscle memory, but I can see its objective usefulness.