From:
Re: reuse deltas while packing
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2022 12:49:56 +0100

Christian Weisgerber:

> I cloned a pristine copy of FreeBSD src.git, and I'm currently
> exploding the pack file with "git unpack-objects" into a few million
> loose objects.  That should give me something to test.

Sorry, I didn't get as far as testing the diff, since the comparison
run with the old code already suffered problems:

* My first attempt ran out of /tmp space.  4.8G was not enough.

* Related to that: With more /tmp space, "gotadmin pack" eventually
  wrote a 4.7G pack file.  The original git clone of the repository
  has only a 1.4G pack file.

* got-index-pack hung.