From:
Re: [got-portable] landlock support, second try
To:
Bryan Steele <brynet@gmail.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Wed, 09 Feb 2022 20:24:54 +0100

Bryan Steele <brynet@gmail.com> writes:

> Just as a follow-up to this, documentation appears to be hard to find
> online, but it seems that there is some confusion between ENOTSUP and
> EOPNOTSUPP.
>
> https://github.com/landlock-lsm/man-pages/blob/landlock-v4/man2/landlock_restrict_self.2#L96
>
> Anyway, I can't find whether this was changed in the upstream kernel or
> not, and of course it's Linux, so man pages for syscalls are *maintained
> seperately*. Sigh.
>
> -Bryan.

I admit that I'm a bit confused as well, but errno(3) in my linux box
says:

 EOPNOTSUPP      Operation not supported on socket (POSIX.1-2001).

                 (ENOTSUP  and  EOPNOTSUPP have the same value on Linux,
                 but according to POSIX.1 these error values  should  be
                 distinct.)

so... it's the same? :D

It's probably better to use EOPNOTSUPP to avoid confusion in the future
anyway tho.