From:
Re: Shrink some formatted output fields down to size
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2022 22:47:17 +0100

Stefan Sperling:

> > shrink the width of formatted output fields to their expected size
>
> During a quick test (packing got.git) I did not observe any difference
> in output. Are values of specific dimensions required to see a difference?

No special values required.  Here's a before/after example from
"pack -a" of got.git:

packing 75 references; 22952 objects; deltify: 100%; writing pack:    9.6M 100%
packing 75 references; 22952 objects; deltify: 100%; writing pack:  9.6M 100%

The extra whitespace is annoying when it causes the line to wrap.