From:
Re: got patch: handle "\ No newline at end of file"
To:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2022 19:45:03 +0100

On Sat, Mar 19, 2022 at 07:33:54PM +0100, Omar Polo wrote:
> I'd say to just assume \n as newline as patch(1) and diff(1) do.  But if
> we want to handle CRLF too at some point it shouldn't be incredibly
> hard.  \r alone instead don't seems to be worth imho.

Fine. Let's go with just \n for now and perhaps document in the
man page that 'got patch' requires newlines to be \n.

Are there are other whitespace issues that might be worth documenting?
I recall the filename getting messed up by 'svn patch' if a tab gets
replaced by regular spaces. Does this also apply to 'got patch'?
I recall this was needed in order to support paths which contain spaces.
Do we already have a test for this case?