From:
Re: u/ctrl-u/d/ctrl-d bindings for scrolling in tog
To:
Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2022 15:53:02 +1000

On 22-06-18 10:39pm, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 09:47:08PM +0200, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> > Mark Jamsek:
> >
> > > I don't think the 'B' key maps need to change, but if we want to alias
> >
> > Does 'B' in the blame view still make mnemonic sense?
> >
> > Previously:
> >     b       Reload the blame view with the version of the file as
> >             found in the currently selected line's commit.
> >     B       Reload the blame view with the previously blamed commit.
> >
> > Now:
> >     c       Reload the blame view with the version of the file as
> >             found in the currently selected line's commit.
> >     B       Reload the blame view with the previously blamed commit.
> >
> > Should that be 'C'?
>
> I don't see any reason not to change B to C.
>
> Or we could change p (as in "parent") to P and then change
> B to p (as in "previous"). Current assignment of 'p' is this:
>
> 	    p	    Reload the blame view with the version of the file as
> 		    found in the parent commit of the currently selected
> 		    line's commit.

That's an option too.

I originally thought B still made sense as the mnemonic because its
before c lexicographically just like the previous commit comes before
the current one, but like naddy pointed out C makes even more sense in
that respect. Your suggestion also makes sense though so I'm really okay
with either.

--
Mark Jamsek <fnc.bsdbox.org>
GPG: F2FF 13DE 6A06 C471 CA80  E6E2 2930 DC66 86EE CF68