From:
Re: [rfc] compound keymaps with prefixed count modifier like vi(1)
To:
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 01:40:33 +1000

  • Christian Weisgerber:

  • On 22-06-22 05:23pm, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
    > Mark Jamsek:
    >
    > > For example, 123j will move down 123 lines, and 3f will scroll down
    > > 3 pages.
    >
    > FWIW, I would love this, especially with g or G.  Paging down to
    > the middle of tog.c is cumbersome.

    Thanks, naddy! I'm a fan of these modifiers in vim but I'm starting to
    see more value for them in tog now too.

    At present it only works with the existing key maps as a count modifier,
    but I'd also love to make it operate on G so that nG jumps to line n.

    If there are no objections, I'd be happy to do that, but it might appear
    to introduce some inconsistency for non-vim users given G is used to
    jump to the end of the buffer. That's natural coming from vim but it
    might seem odd for users not familiar with it

    --
    Mark Jamsek <fnc.bsdbox.org>
    GPG: F2FF 13DE 6A06 C471 CA80  E6E2 2930 DC66 86EE CF68

  • Christian Weisgerber:

    [rfc] compound keymaps with prefixed count modifier like vi(1)