From:
Re: tog: echo numeric prefix of compound key maps
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2022 12:56:09 +0200

Mark Jamsek:

> > More specifically, less(1) shows the numbers on its status line,
> > which just happens to be at the bottom.  In tog, it's a the top...
> > so maybe that's where the numbers should be echoed?
>
> I much prefer the current behaviour tbh (i.e., echo at the bottom). We
> already echo the search term there (with the '/' key map), which is also
> consistent with less(1).

Yes, it's all on the less(1) status line.  You are right, the numeric
prefix should be echoed in the same place as the search term.  So
maybe both should move up?  I don't feel strongly about this.