From:
Re: small tog split view regression
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2022 21:04:18 +1000

On 22-06-30 12:32pm, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 08:27:35PM +1000, Mark Jamsek wrote:
> > > At this point, the parent (log) view is rendered in split-screen and
> > > the right area of the window where the child view was is garbled.
> >
> > After following the first four steps, I can't reproduce this^. Rather
> > than a splitscreen with a garbled rhs, the splitscreen is lost and the
> > parent (log) view goes to fullscreen.
>
> Hmm. This might depend on the terminal?
> I was using tmux in gnome-terminal.

That might make it more likely. I was just able to reproduce.

I use xterm and was testing in tmux too. Originally, I was resizing the
tmux pane with keymaps; I just tried again but used the mouse to resize
very slowly. It gets to a certain point where--as you described--the
views are split and the rhs is garbled.  However, as soon as I continue
decreasing the size, the log (parent) view consumes the fullscreen and
renders properly.

--
Mark Jamsek <fnc.bsdbox.org>
GPG: F2FF 13DE 6A06 C471 CA80  E6E2 2930 DC66 86EE CF68