From:
Re: got patch: add flag to ignore whitespace?
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sun, 3 Jul 2022 00:24:52 +0200

  • Christian Weisgerber:

    got patch: add flag to ignore whitespace?

  • Omar Polo:

    > The last patch from Mark reminded me that I thought some time ago to add
    > a "-w" flag for got patch to ignore white spaces.  It's conceptually
    > similar to patch(1) -l/--ignore-whitespace or git-apply(1)
    > --ignore-whitespace.
    >
    > The diff does exactly what one would expect.

    Well, I'm dense.  What does "ignore whitespace" mean exactly?
    Note that diff(1) has two ways to do this, -b and -w.

    If I understand linecmp() correctly, it's like diff -w?

    Meanwhile patch -l seems to be more like diff -b?

  • Christian Weisgerber:

    got patch: add flag to ignore whitespace?