From:
Re: tog: add key to toggle between author and committer
To:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>
Cc:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2022 10:54:49 +0200

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 10:34:16AM +0200, Omar Polo wrote:
> it may be marginally useful to have this on the blame view too but
> otherwise no, there aren't reasons not to keep this in the log state
> struct.

The blame view doesn't show author info at present, it only lists
commit IDs. If we wanted to add author/date columns later then a
toggle to switch between author/committer might be useful indeed.

> i've just remembered that in the blame view the 'C' key is already
> taken, should we use a different key for this toggle from the beginning?

I guess we could use '@' for switching between author/committer.
This would probably be mnemonic enough.

Or we could change 'A' (diff algorithm) to something else (e.g. '#' or
'@'), and then use the 'A' key for author/committer. This would match
your proposed 'got commit -A' option, though we don't need to require
this to match. Perhaps this option could be named -@ instead of -A if
we go with the first idea and want got and tog to be consistent.

Not sure. I do not see a clear best way to do it.
What would you prefer?