From:
Re: gotwebd: introducing fcgi_printf
To:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org, Tracey Emery <tracey@traceyemery.net>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2022 23:27:03 +1000

On 22-08-15 02:59PM, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 09:46:38PM +1000, Mark Jamsek wrote:
> >   (1) I noticed in the diff lib we use the gcc extension to omit the
> >       middle operand in ternary ifs in quite a few places.  I just did
> >       a cursory scan of got and couldn't see it elsewhere _except_ it is
> >       used in gotwebd/got_operations.c. I'm not sure if you or stsp have
> >       a preference either way, but there are a few opportunities for it
> >       in this diff so thought I'd mention it.
>
> We should not use this extension. I recall this extension coming up
> before (perhaps in the diff.git code?) and being kicked out again.

Yes, that's where I saw it the other week--in diff.git. I've just
noticed it in gotwebd too.

> Generally, if a compiler extension is not in use by the OpenBSD base
> system then Got should avoid it, too.

I was surprised when I learned clang now supports it!

It's only in very few places that I currently know of in Got
(arraylist.h and got_operations.c); I'll do a more thorough scan and
cook a couple diffs to remove it.

--
Mark Jamsek <fnc.bsdbox.org>
GPG: F2FF 13DE 6A06 C471 CA80  E6E2 2930 DC66 86EE CF68