From:
Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo@codemadness.org>
Subject:
report, gameoftrees portable latest HEAD doesn't compile on Linux
To:
Game of Trees <gameoftrees@openbsd.org>
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 2022 22:57:43 +0200

Hi,

I would just like to report the commit 598139dd22c7c7517a6542803c64e88acd78b162 in the
latest gameoftrees portable linux branch broke compilation for me on Void Linux when
building it using the steps in the README.portable file.

Reverting the commit seems to resolve this issue for me:

commit 598139dd22c7c7517a6542803c64e88acd78b162 (origin/ta/version)
Author: Thomas Adam <thomas@xteddy.org>
Date:   Thu Jul 21 15:18:07 2022 +0100

    portable: add repo version to main string

    When compiling got-portable from source, outside of an official release
    tarball, it's often helpful to know which commit the binary was built
    from, especially for diagnostic purposes.

    This adds an extra hook to AC_INIT to derive whether -portable is being
    built in-tree or via a release tarball.

I hope this report helps,

--
Kind regards,