From:
Re: double free in checkout running as root
To:
Nick Holland <nick@holland-consulting.net>
Cc:
Game of Trees <gameoftrees@openbsd.org>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2022 17:22:57 +0200

On Mon, Aug 29, 2022 at 10:49:47AM -0400, Nick Holland wrote:
> ok, running as root is bad.  I get that.
> I shouldn't be doing this.  I get that, too
> Came up with a better way to do things.  Mission accomplished.
>
> But the error message doesn't look like I'd expect for "you are
> being an idiot".
>
> /root # got checkout /got/ibs.git
> got(6695) in free(): bogus pointer (double free?) 0x7f7ffffee850
> Abort trap
>
> Same command run as non-root user works fine.
>
> is this a problem, or just a way to say, "maybe you need to
> reevaluate your life choices"?
>
> Nick.Secopn

It doesn't reproduce here.
I suppose this crash requires some more specific conditions to trigger.

But I think I've seen this happen before, maybe it's been fixed since?
Which version are you running?