From:
Re: diff.git: Add classic diff output
To:
Tom Jones <thj@freebsd.org>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2022 17:32:28 +0200

On Tue, Aug 30, 2022 at 02:50:24PM +0100, Tom Jones wrote:
> Working from diff_output_edscript add support for classic diff output.
> The main differences between these two formats is the header
> construction for a hunk and selection around which lines that are
> output.

This is nice, thank you. I have committed it.

There is currently no way to enable plain mode when running a compiled
diff binary from diff/diff.c. I briefly hacked my local copy to run
your code and tested it. It would be nice if this output mode was
reachable from the CLI so it could be tested by scripts.