From:
Thomas Adam <thomas@xteddy.org>
Re: portable: includes of sys/queue.h vs. compat
To:
Maximilian Lorlacks <maxlorlax@protonmail.com>
Cc:
"gameoftrees@openbsd.org" <gameoftrees@openbsd.org>
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2022 12:32:11 +0100

On Sun, 11 Sept 2022 at 12:08, Maximilian Lorlacks
<maxlorlax@protonmail.com> wrote:
> 2. mandate a working libbsd-overlay

Yup -- libbsd's reliance is the only way to go here.  The compat
include of sys/queue.h will only work if I do what I was doing, and
remove all the includes of '#include <sys/queue.h>' from the upstream
source files, which would assert the compat/ version correctly.
However,  I since reverted that as libbsd's prevalence across most
systems I've used (even older ones), is pretty good.

I also don't want to go down the whole '#include_next' route either,
as this is too complex for something libbsd can handle.

So the correct solution here is to assert libbsd, and if it's not
found, make that an error.

It's something I planned on doing in the future anyway.

Kindly,
Thomas