From:
Thomas Adam <thomas@xteddy.org>
Re: gotd(8) imported, and where this is going
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2022 17:54:26 +0100

On Sun, Oct 23, 2022 at 01:38:44PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:

Hi,

> I recommend that -portable releases follow the same approach, i.e.
> ship the code but don't compile it by default. And provide a way to
> build it out of the got-portable.git repository for interested parties.

Indeed.  To that end, anyone using -portable should track on-going work for
gotf/gotsh on this branch:

    ta/gotd

Note that as of right now, gotd (and by implication gotsh) will only be
compiled at configure time via:

    ./configure --enable-gotd

I've only proven so far that compilation across the supported -portable
platforms is working.  I've not yet been able to funtionally test this,
although I hope others will be able to help with this.

Note that this branch will be rebased against the `linux` branch as I update
it -- so if you base any work for -portable, I would suggest creating a topic
branch from `ta/gotd` and continually rebasing it ontop of `ta/gotwebd` as
that is updated.

Any problems, please shout!

Kindly,
Thomas