From:
Mikhail <mp39590@gmail.com>
Re: gotd regress and doas(1)
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2022 16:27:22 +0300

On Wed, Dec 07, 2022 at 10:26:36AM +0100, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> As found by Mikhail, gotd regress test script run as root when the
> test suite is invoked via doas(1). This happens because doas sets
> the $LOGNAME environment veriable to the target user (root). Unlike
> su(1) which leaves $LOGNAME set to the name of the original user.
>
> This patch adds a sanity check to prevent running test scripts as root,
> and switches to $USERNAME which works with both doas(1) and su(1).

Sorry for the late reply.

I don't have $USERNAME env variable set (I'm using default
current+xterm+tmux+ksh) and environ(7) talks only about $USER and
$LOGNAME. Because of this tests are failing for me with:

idea:~/work/got$ doas make server-regress
make -C regress/gotd                                                                                                                  usage: userinfo [-e] user
==== test_repo_read ====
usage: userinfo [-e] user
[...]

Which software sets $USERNAME? I can see the var on FreeBSD+zsh though.