From:
Re: gotd: run authentication in separate process
To:
Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.name>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 18:50:36 +0100

On 2022/12/29 17:51:48 +0100, Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.name> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2022 at 04:48:31PM +0100, Omar Polo wrote:

> > > No idea. This was just copied along from other daemons.
> > > The HUP and USR signals are often used to trigger actions such as
> > > reloading config files. I suspect that is why they are present in
> > > all these signal handlers.
> >
> > I see.  diff below drops it for gotd but I wouldn't mind to keep it
> > since it's there even in other daemons that don't do anything with it
> > (e.g. see relayd.)
>
> The default action for USR1 is to terminate the process.
> Do we really want gotd to terminate when someone sends this signal?

wrote the patch in a hurry, i haven't thought it throughfully, sorry.
don't have a strong opinion either way to honest.  SIGUSR2 also
terminates the process by default, and it's not handled; on the other
way various daemons catch USR1 even if they don't do anything with it.

ignoring SIGUSR1 is not a burden anyway, so let's drop this.
Sorry for the noise.