From:
Re: got/tog/gotadmin: pledge earlier
To:
Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.name>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2023 14:32:00 +0100

On 2023/02/13 12:58:52 +0100, Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.name> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 11:03:57AM +0100, Omar Polo wrote:
> > we're alreading doing this in some places, so let's do it
> > consistently.  It's almost a mechanical diff, i've checked each case
> > however to make sure we don't do operations not covered by the set of
> > pledge promises in the getopt loop.  The only "real" work done
> > sometimes is realpath(3), which is covered by rpath.
>
> Fine with me, consistency is good.
>
> I believe there was some concern about running setlocale() and
> initscr() (from ncurses) under pledge. So we are probably already
> pledging too early in some cases, with or without your diff.
> Since everything is working as expected this is not a big deal,
> just something to keep in mind for later.

well, tog already runs all ncurses under pledge.  I forgot about
setlocale, and yes, this moves setlocale in tog under pledge.  Both
got and gotadmin have setlocale before pledge, gotsh doesn't call it
and gotctl has setlocale outside pledge too.

if you prefer i can move setlocale() in tog before pledge too.