From:
Re: [rfc] regress: add line number to failure output
To:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2023 12:47:33 +0100

Mark Jamsek:

> I made adjusting regress for the new fetch behaviour change more
> difficult than necessary because of a copypasta error where the reported
> failure returned a bogus test function. Silly error on my part but to
> figure out the cause of the failure I added $LINENO to the output such

Portability concern: Although LINENO is in POSIX, it's only covered
as part of an extension.  dash, the somewhat popular minimalist sh
on Linux, does not support it ... or at least older versions of
dash still used by stable versions of Debian don't support LINENO.