From:
James Cook <falsifian@falsifian.org>
Re: got fetch hang
To:
Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.name>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2023 17:41:34 +0000

> Thank you, James. The patch below fixes the problem and adds
> a test case based on your reproduction recipe.

Thank you, this also fixes my original use case.

FYI the reason this came up is that I was directly pulling changes from
a repository that could be considered a peer rather than upstream. The
commit histories had diverged and my next step was to create a merge
commit. I often use peer-to-peer operations like this to manage my
personal files.

--
James