From:
"Todd C. Miller" <millert@openbsd.org>
Re: vi struggling to save commit messages
To:
Ted Bullock <tbullock@comlore.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Wed, 08 Mar 2023 11:02:07 -0700

On Wed, 08 Mar 2023 10:42:07 -0700, Ted Bullock wrote:

> I thought that nfs v3 was the default? It does say so for mount_nfs(3)
>
> In my /etc/fstab I did just add a -3 to the options line and remounted
> the nfs share, and didn't see a difference in behavior for what it's
> worth. Maybe I'm missing something?

OK, sounds like that is not the problem then.  You could instrument
vi (or just attach a debugger) to see whether it is the size or
timestamp that is different from what it has cached.

 - todd