From:
Thomas Adam <thomas@xteddy.org>
Re: -portable: changing linux branch to portable
To:
Game of Trees <gameoftrees@openbsd.org>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2023 15:46:44 +0000

On Tue, Mar 07, 2023 at 05:26:31PM +0000, Thomas Adam wrote:
> So this is a head's up that this will happen, and to plan accordingly.
> Letting downstream packagers know of this will help!

This work has now happened across all of the mirrors which we use, see:

https://gameoftrees.org/code.html

If you are using got(1) to manage/work with the -portable repository in any
way, I would suggest running the command:

    got ref -s refs/heads/portable HEAD

to update HEAD in your local clones.  Indeed, for git(1), the equivalent
command is:

    git symbolic-ref refs/remotes/origin/HEAD refs/remotes/origin/portable

Note that if you are tracking Github, the default branch there has been
updated to 'portable'.

In about a week, I will be deleting the 'linux' branch, so please switch over
before then.

Any questions, do please let me know.

Kindly,
Thomas