From:
Subject:
rebase suffers '?' conflicts
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2023 19:15:23 +0200

Instead of extracting and applying a patch, I'm trying to rebase
jca@'s llvm15 branch on OpenBSD master.  It's not going well.

The worktree I'm starting from is pristine, there are no unversioned
files lying around.  And yet, rebase reports '?' conflicts, "changes
destined for an unversioned file were not merged".  2151 of them,
in fact.

The llvm15-12 branch in jca@'s repository at
https://github.com/jcourreges/openbsd-src
has seven commits on top of old master.

The first one, "llvm: revert to 13.0.0", is rebased fine.
The second one, "llvm: update to 15.0.7" blows up.

This is more a general question about what the heck is happening
there, but if somebody wants to reproduce it, I can try to provide
instructions.