From:
Re: gotd protected references
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2023 22:34:26 +0200

On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 10:06:23PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> This patch adds a "protect" directive to gotd.conf which can be used
> to forbid 'got send -f' on selected branches/tags.
>
> There will always be accidents with 'got send -f' at some point in a
> project's life cycle so gotd should provide safeguards against this.

Oh, there is stupid mistake in here. Disregard this for now.

The patch works fine for references which are not supposed to ever change,
like tags. But for branches we need a linear ancestry check and only forbid
the ref-update when the history being pushed is not linear. This will require
more work to get right.