From:
Re: tog: basic diff regress
To:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>
Cc:
Game of Trees <gameoftrees@openbsd.org>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2023 11:12:09 +0200

On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 06:59:49PM +1000, Mark Jamsek wrote:
> This is a rebased diff on top of main with the basic diff and blame
> regress, and your TOG_TEST_SCRIPT suggestion.

Great! ok.

> +	if (strncasecmp(line, "SLEEP ", 6) == 0 &&
> +	    isdigit((unsigned char)line[6])) {
> +		sleep(line[6] - '0');

Instead of sleeping, or skipping interactive display based on using_mock_io,
we could have scripting instructions that wait until a certain event occurs.
Such as "wait until the blame thread signals that it is done".
That would also fix the problem and be generally applicable to similar
cases such as when the log thread is involved. But perhaps checking
using_mock_io is simpler? I am not sure.

Interactive use depends on the main thread sleeping in getch(), so in
that case the main thread should never block for long. But tests probably
won't need that behaviour?