From:
Re: tog test harness
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2023 17:11:07 +0200

Stefan Sperling:

> > unconditionally when capturing screen dumps. We define TERM=vt220
> > in the regress setup script so this can more readily be adapted
> > rather than hardcoding it in the newterm() call.
>
> Shouldn't TERM only be overridden for the tog process, instead of
> all the processes started by the test harness?
>
> I am not sure what the consequences of this are in practice.

None?  TERM has no effect unless the test harness runs something
that sends terminal control sequences, and it's not like we start
vi(1) there.

If you want to override TERM just for tog, you'll need to define a
wrapper function.  A variable like TOG='TERM=vt220 tog' will not
work because of shell evaluation order.

While we're here: Shouldn't regress/tog/common.sh also unset
TOG_COLORS and TOG_DIFF_ALGORITHM just in case?