From:
Re: tog test harness
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2023 11:57:25 +0200

Mark Jamsek:

> > BTW, I checked the wscons(4) code and it definitely supports the
> > alternate graphics characters.  I think they may be simply missing
> > from the default fonts.
>
> If it didn't support acsc, I think we'd see x and q, but instead the
> replacement ? character is drawn because the glyph is missing from the
> font.

In fact, if you manage to boot with a VGA text mode console, wscons
will by default map the DEC graphics characters to the IBM code
page 437 characters as far as possible, which gives you correct
line-drawing characters.

The vttest program (ports/misc/vttest) can be used to show what you
get for the VT100 character sets.