From:
Re: got diff chomps trailing \r
To:
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2023 15:26:17 +0200

  • Omar Polo:

    got diff chomps trailing \r

  • On 2023/05/10 17:29:31 +0200, Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de> wrote:
    > Some of the LLVM files have \r\n line endings.  The problem is that
    > got diff simply drops the \r from all context, - and + lines.

    Sorry for hijacking the thread.

    just for curiosity, have you tried to see how 'got patch' handles
    this?  I haven't written any test (yet!) for this case.

    Asking because this had made me think about the various pitfalls of
    different line endings again.  When importing 'got patch' I remember
    talking with Stefan about this and how subversion handles it.  We
    ruled out the CR alone line-endings because our diff(1) can't handle
    it, I remember testing with a few CRLF files and having some degree of
    success, but nothing more.

  • Omar Polo:

    got diff chomps trailing \r