From:
Re: got patch stats about conflicts and rejects
To:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2023 15:29:15 +0200

On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 03:11:14PM +0200, Omar Polo wrote:
> Do you think we should change something else in got patch?  I haven't
> thought too hard about our return codes and what has to be considered
> an "error"; I reasoned strictly from the point of view of the patch
> operation without taking into consideration the "meaning", because
> that's something got patch can't do, but maybe there are better ways
> to communicate what it did.

I believe the current behaviour is fine.
Because Larry's patch exits with code 1 if reject files were created it is
fine for us to exit with a non-zero status if a patch did not apply "cleanly".