From:
Subject:
No-op histedit scripts
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2023 17:10:19 +0200

Let's say I start "histedit" and get the default all-pick template
in the editor.  Oh no, I picked a bad starting point, the commit I
wanted to change isn't even in there.  So I quit the editor without
touching the script... and histedit proceeds to execute it.  No
harm done, I guess, but nothing accomplished either.

Should histedit simply do nothing if the script hasn't been touched?
Should it fast-forward to the tip?  Would this interact poorly with
anything?