From:
Re: got: rm * removes current directory
To:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2023 17:27:46 +0200

Omar Polo:

> what do you expect after doing "got rm foo/bar.c foo/x.y" ?
>
> If everything, I'd prefer if we settle on "got rm foo/bar.c foo/x.y"
> leaving "foo" around (which is what I assume jamsek intended), it
> would be coherent with rm and don't have any special case.

I don't object, but I have a questions: Under which circumstances
will "foo" be removed then?  "got up"?

I'm mildly worried about obsolete directories sticking around.  The
classic problem is that "make obj" creates an "obj" symlink, which
means the directory isn't empty, which means it isn't pruned by
"cvs up -P" etc. even once all files under version control have
been removed.  And I seem to recall that there was at least one
instance in the history of OpenBSD where the persistence of an
obsolete directory caused a build problem.