From:
Johannes Thyssen Tishman <lists@thyssentishman.com>
mkstemp: Permission denied
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2023 12:54:27 +0200

Hi again,

In my previous email[0] I described a how I found a way to keep the
worktree and the cloned repo on the same directory:

    $ mkdir test && cd test
    $ got clone ssh://user@example.com/test .got
    $ got checkout -E .got .

However when doing this, I'm getting the following error on 'got add
file':

got: mkstemps: /path/to/worktree/.got/file-index-OJVI2Q: Permission
denied

I suppose this is my fault as this is probably not the intended
workflow. However I'm also getting a similar error on 'got send' after a
commit when using the regular workflow:

2 commits colored; 3 objects found; 2 trees scanned
packing 1 reference; 3 objects; deltify: 100%; uploading pack:  263B 100%gotsh: mkstemp: Permission denied
got-send-pack: mkstemp: Permission denied

got: could not send pack file

The 'origin' remote url uses the user that I've specified on
/etc/gotd.conf with read-write access (which is not the same as my local
machine user).

Lastly my local machine is on OpenBSD 7.3-current (got 0.88) and my
server on OpenBSD 7.3-Stable (got 0.86).

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Johannes

[0] https://marc.gameoftrees.org/mail/1685691602.34414_0.html