From:
Re: Should merge (and rebase) allow modified files when fast-forwarding?
To:
James Cook <falsifian@falsifian.org>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2023 16:03:06 +0200

On Thu, Jun 08, 2023 at 01:24:19PM +0000, James Cook wrote:
> Note that there is currently a case where "got rebase" also does not
> require a clean work tree: when it prints "X is already based on Y" it
> then proceeds to behave like got update.

Ah, indeed. Thanks for pointing this out.
I guess that is fine. In this case 'got rebase' essentially becomes
an alias for 'got update -b' so it can have the same behaviour.