From:
Re: expand keyword support to more commands
To:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>
Cc:
Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.name>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2023 15:18:46 +0200

On 2023/07/18 22:20:47 +1000, Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com> wrote:
> Here's the diff for adding commit keywords to the blame, cat, tag, and
> tree commands, which includes some basic test coverage too.
>
> To help review, the man page bits are literal copypastas of the other
> keyword paragraphs with a slight tweak to example reference names.

reads fine, ok for me

> I forgot about the ref command, which I'll do next, but that's all that
> remains in got :)
>
> Before starting on temporal expressions, do we want to support various
> formats (e.g., relative terms like yesterday, last month), or keep it
> simple and stick to perhaps YYYYMMDD or full ISO 8601? We can always
> grow the supported keywords, but it would be good to have an idea of
> what we might want to allow. The initial plan was to start with
> YYYYMMDD and take it from there.

full ISO8601 is quite large and probably not really useful in
practice.  YYYYMMDD is used in other parts of the got UI and should be
fine IMHO.

I've never used CVS date specifications so I'm not sure how much "last
friday" or "a fortnigh ago" is really useful in practice.  (have to
admit that the _seem_ to be useful.)

Thanks,

Omar Polo