From:
Re: Gotwebd dark mode
To:
Kyle Ackerman <kackerman0102@gmail.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2023 09:52:28 +0100

On 2023/11/23 23:53:48 -0600, Kyle Ackerman <kackerman0102@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is a diff of the dark mode started by Omar.  The diff below
> results in some differences from the screenshots I sent in the matrix
> chat.  I ended up removing the borders on the footer and opted for
> lines to separate each project.

Thanks for working on this!  I was very unsure about my choices of
colors in the dark mode and I like yours way more.

Let me provide some additional context for the archive: the idea is to
add a dark mode that's *opt-in*, so that users with browsers configured
to prefer it will automatically use the dark theme, while the current
colorscheme remains the default.

I've applied your diff on my instance (on top of the other changes) for
others to see:

	https://git.omarpolo.com/?action=summary&path=gotfork.git

(keep in mind that I have a few other WIP stuff there as well
-breadcumbs and more actions- that I'd like to share post 0.94)

I have two nits: first, even in the CSS file we're using hard tabs for
indentations :)

second:

> [...]
> +    #got_link {
> +        filter: brightness(0) saturate(100%)
> +            invert(68%) sepia(73%) saturate(2771%)
> +            hue-rotate(213deg) brightness(104%)
> +            contrast(95%);

This looks good with the default got.png logo, but this is actually
customizable via the logo_path config option.

I don't have a better suggestion though, given that's an arbitrary image
it's really hard to come up with a filter that will work good with the
dark mode.  It's not completely bad to assume that if one sets a custom
image that doesn't work with this dark mode, they can edit and maintain
some small changes over the default gotweb.css stylesheet though.

Thanks,

Omar Polo