From:
Re: initial documentation for the got-notify-http json payload
To:
op@omarpolo.com, Gameoftrees <gameoftrees@openbsd.org>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2024 15:05:29 +0200

On Sat, Apr 06, 2024 at 09:26:24AM +0000, Lucas Gabriel Vuotto wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 05, 2024 at 02:39:21PM +0200, op@omarpolo.com wrote:
> > This is a draft of the description of the JSON structure that
> > got-notify-http posts to the given URL.  I don't know how to describe the
> > format of the datetime string.
>
> Isn't it an option going with something standard? Either an UNIX
> timestamp (the receiver will already be processing the JSON in some way
> so I don't think this adds much additional burden) or something from
> ISO-8601 (I suggest either %Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ or %Y%m%dT%H%M%SZ (that
> standard defines way too many formats) and keep in mind that even so
> you might run into funny issues with different libcs for example (some
> might recognize Z as a timezone, some might not)).
>
> To be frank, the format I find the easiest to work with in JSON is the
> UNIX timestamp. Everything else eventually gives me a headache.
>
> 	Lucas

Unix timestamp would be possible. It's just the current code which
generates notification content was written for plaintext email
output and therefore provides the date in human-readable format.
But this could be changed.