From:
Re: gotwebd: what if listen was a top-level setting?
To:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2024 20:46:44 +0200

On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 07:13:27PM +0200, Omar Polo wrote:
> gotwebd already sits behind an http server, by design, so it's less
> important to filter the domains here.  It would also simplify the
> configuration.  The unix_socket_name option can be romevod, as now it is
> just `listen on socket "..."`.

Couldn't removal of unix_socket_name be a separate diff/commit?
Not very important, just wondering why it got mixed in with changing
the scope of the listen statement.

> How many are sharing the same gotwebd instance between different hosts
> and don't trust their frontend http server to not filter virtual-hosts?
> Do we care about this use-case?  (I'm propending to not care.)

Agreed, http servers will already use a host header or request path
in order to decide whether to forward a request to gotwebd.

> To make things clearer: gotwebd already works like this.  It only looks
> at the server name (i.e. the Host header in the request) and has done so
> since when it was imported.  My proposed diff just makes this more
> obvious from the config file too.

Ok by me, thanks.